Digital image credit: Technomage
Golriz Ghahraman is the best example of why MMP has been a complete failure for New Zealand as a system. She is the poster girl for list MPs on massive salaries who would not be taken seriously in the real world. In the real world, she would have been fired at least twice already for her lack of honesty. In the real world, she would not have been able to afford a QC to intimidate an Australian Immigration lawyer into removing his article and messages on social media that challenge her ‘refugee’ backstory.
In the real world, she would not be invited by mainstream media to write opinion pieces. In the real world no one would pay the slightest bit of attention to her ridiculous claim on One news that the free speech of Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux is a threat to the safety of New Zealanders and Chelsea Manning (who spilled state secrets and put the lives of undercover people’s lives at risk) in contrast is perfectly fine and is a hero whistleblower.
[…] the question when deciding whether to approve Ms Manning’s visa isn’t her criminal history, Ms Ghahraman told TVNZ1’s Breakfast today. It is whether she would pose a threat to New Zealand, she said.
[…]But Ms Ghahraman hasn’t been an advocate to opening our borders to all speakers.
Recently, she was among the prominent voices calling for far-right Canadian speakers Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux to be denied entry. Those two didn’t have felony convictions, Breakfast host Jack Tame pointed out.
“I suppose some people would look at it and say you’re happy for the rules to be relaxed for a message that you want to hear, but you want different rules to apply in another circumstance for a message you don’t want to hear,” Mr Tame said.
But the situations are starkly different when weighing the risk to New Zealand, Ms Ghahraman responded.
“We have a right to protect ourselves against hate speech, which is defined in New Zealand law,” she said.[…] end quote.
Hate speech is NOT defined in New Zealand law at all. Does this woman never get tired of making stuff up? We have legal speech and illegal speech and that is all. There is no legal definition of hate speech anywhere in New Zealand law.
Out of all the politicians in the Beehive Golriz is the one that pushes all of my buttons. She simply should not be there. Having someone of such a low calibre sucking on the public tit offends me on every level. To paraphrase Blackadder…
- Her brain is so minute that if a hungry cannibal cracked her head open, there wouldn’t be enough to cover a small water biscuit.
- She is wetter than a haddock’s bathing costume.
- Most of New Zealand thinks she’s a prat. Ask them who they’d rather meet, Green party list MP Golriz Ghahraman or the man who cleans out the public toilets in Aberdeen, and they’d go for Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop every time.
- There hasn’t been a person doing this badly since Olaf the hairy, King of all the Vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.
- Golriz wouldn’t recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing “subtle plans are here again”
- In the Amazonian rain forests there are tribes of Indians as yet untouched by civilisation who have developed more convincing MP impressions than Golly G’s
- Her head is as empty as a eunuch’s underpants.